Friday, May 27, 2016

Day 4: Tuskegee Institute

Daisy, 7th grade:

At our second stop, the Tuskegee Institute, I learned a little more about George Washington Carver.  What I learned was that Carver started exploring and testing things ever since he was young.  Furthermore, I found it inspiring when I found out that George Washington Carver found uses for things like peanuts, just by testing and exploring different things.  Learning that makes me inspired to test and explore different things just like Washington Carver and who knows?  I may be just like him and find uses for different things.




Jessica, 8th grade:
 
As our day progressed, we visited the Tuskegee Institute where we learned about George Washington Carver. In George W. Carver's childhood, we discovered that he was eager to learn which led him to studying art, agriculture, and several different careers. Even though a school offered him no fame or fortune to teach, he still accepted the offer. For the remainder of his years he passed his knowledge to other generations by teaching in the institute.  Outside of the building we could see a statue of Booker T. Washington uncovering an African American. To us this represented how he gave education to those that didn't have it so they could have a wider variety of opportunities. One of my companions told me that it could also be interpreted as the African Americans finally being seen as the people that they were.


 








No comments:

Post a Comment